Today EA Sports released the box art for this year’s iteration of Madden NFL 12. Peyton Hillis’ cover looks quite good. He is the main image, with a smaller image of himself next to his right arm, and the city of Cincinnati next to his left.
Also being released is a Hall of Fame Edition featuring, Rams great and 2011 NFL Hall of Fame Inductee, Marshall Faulk on the cover. He was also on the cover of Madden NFL 2003.
For more information on the Hall of Fame Edtion click here…
If you haven’t seen this mash-up of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and FIFA 11 yet, you need to watch it.
The “Berbaspin” at 3:40 in is my favorite part.
At 2:45PM EST today FC Barcelona will take the pitch against Manchester United. Whichever team wins will be the proud winner of the double, since both teams have won already won their respective leagues. Let’s take a look at what happens on the virtual pitch before watching the real game.
As a master tackler, it looks like FIFA is about to get a lot more fun. I also always love seeing Chelsea’s Michael Essien eat some turf.
As of the time of this writing, the Liverpool FC Away Jersey for 2011-2012 is my most anticipated kit of this upcoming season. This year Liverpool took the stripes from the 10-11 away kit and mixed it with the black of their 10-11 third kit and added silver trim. This blend together is quiet stylish as you can see.
This kit is available right now at Liverpool FC’s online store among others.
I figured I should keep tabs on the people I initially chose to win the top awards in the MLB. So here is a quick update a quarter of the way through the season.
MVP – Mark Teixeira: .253, 13 HR, 32 RBI
CY – Jered Weaver: 6-4, 2.35 ERA, 70 Ks
MVP – Albert Pujols: .261, 8 HR, 26 RBI
Cy – Josh Johnson: 3-1, 1.64 ERA, 56 Ks
Still a while to go, but they are all off to decent starts, Weaver and Johnson are dominant, however Johnson is currently on the DL.
Nearly two hours of my day are spent in my car commuting from home to work. If your like me, you quickly notice that no matter how many stations you program, they all play the same 6-10 songs. So how do I keep myself sane? Podcasts.
Here is a little list I made up of the video game related podcasts I listen to:
- AppJudgement – while not specificly a video game podcast, they do show review man iOS and Android games.
- The Ben Heck Show – also not necessarily a video game podcast, Ben Heck, the modder who has created a multitude of portable video game consoles, walks you through a bunch of hardware hacks.
- EA Sports FIFA – Ultimate Team Weekly – listen to this show and be the first on your block to know when the FIFA Ultimate Team Happy Hour is going on. Pro Tip: you can skip to the last 5 min to find out.
- GamerSushi – the boys from Web Zeroes get together and talk video games. This is one of my favorite podcasts, great conversations from great people.
- Giant Bombcast – the guys at GiantBomb.com know video games. This show usually runs over 2 hours, in the begining I thought that was really long, now I’m sad when it’s over.
- Player One Podcast -another bunch of great guys talking video games, but I still get upset that they mock Greg Ford for liking sports games.
- The Totally Rad Show – movies, TV shows, video games, and more, if you’re not watching TRS, you’re missing out.
- Weekend Confirmed – Garnett Lee, Jeff Cannata need I say more? Yes? Del Rio makes hilarious songs out of great lines.
- 4th String – the podcast that started it all for me. Before 4th Sting video game podcasts bored me. They bring their A game every week.
- 8-4 Play – the newest podcast to my lineup, they talk about Japan and Japanese games. You need to listen to 3/25/2011: AFTER THE QUAKE recorded after the Japanese tsunami and is a great listen.
Hopefully this helps you find something good to listen to.
PS – The TWiT network is currently working on a video game show with Tom Merritt, so that should be pretty awesome when it comes out.
While it may seem like a niggling complaint, one of my pet peeves about Sony’s MLB series is their lack of licensed accessories. Bare with me. Go play to the create a player screen of any EA Sports game and what do you see? Name brand equiptment.
From Adidas to Under Armour, EA has made deals with a good amount of companies to bring an extra bit of added realism to their games. On the other hand Sony has none of these partnerships for their MLB franchise. In my opinion a simulation needs to have real accessories, it might just be me, but it annoys me.